24 September 2014 was a very important day for us
It was the first time we welcomed visitors to our quarry to see first-hand why our stone has become such a popular choice for architects, builders and contractors.
27 people joined our inaugural tour which was so successful that we’re going to make it a regular fixture.
Below is a typical itinerary for a Quarry Visit – you can look forward to a very interesting few hours, as our guest, seeing exactly how a quarry operates. Some of the highlights include:
- Witnessing how raw block from the quarries is transformed into masonry and walling stone used in restoration projects such as the Palace of Westminster.
- Watching how the raw blocks are split by hand using a sledgehammer – there’s no obligation, but one brave visitor had a go himself during our inaugural tour!
- Enjoying a short coach trip from Clipsham Medwells Quarry to Swaddywell Quarry, via historic Stamford, renowned for its beautiful stone.
- Refreshments in our showroom
- A visit to our limestone flooring tile production line
- Insight into our quality control processes – our customers only get the best!
- Live demonstration of how to hand carve a fireplace
Interested in being part of our next event? It’s a fantastic opportunity to visit a working quarry and find out more about the benefits of building sustainably in natural stone.